NCW seeks report on remarks against IAS officer
Lucknow: The National Commission for Women (NCW) has asked the Uttar Pradesh government to probe a complaint against a Samajwadi Party leader accused of making "objectionable comments" against the now suspended IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal.
Taking cognizance of a complaint against Uttar Pradesh Agro chairman Narendra Bhatti, NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma urged Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani to probe the complaint filed by social activist Nutan Thakur.
Sharma asked the chief secretary "to present a detailed report in the matter so that further action may be taken".
Thakur told NCW after seeing a video clip of Bhati speaking at a public function that the Samajwadi Party leader used "objectionable and derogatory" terms to describe the IAS officer.
"I am happy the NCW has taken cognizance of my complaint. I am sure the body will take serious action on the matter. It will act as a deterrent for everyone. Public figures will think twice before demeaning a woman," she said.
Narendra Bhati, who holds minister`s rank in Uttar Pradesh and is the Lok Sabha candidate for Samajwadi Party from Noida, is attributed to be the man behind the suspension of Nagpal, who had taken on a mafia extracting sand illegally from river beds.
In the same video, Bhati brags that he got the officer suspended within 41 minutes after making a call to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE