NHRC seeks report on death of woman pushed out of Shatabdi Exp
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) today sought a report from Railways in connection with the death of woman after she was pushed out of a running train allegedly by RPF personnel on Wednesday.
Taking suo motu cognisance of the February 27 incident in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, the NHRC has asked the Chairman of Railway Board to submit the report within four weeks.
Quoting media reports, NHRC spokesperson said the woman, in her mid-50s, was travelling with her husband and the couple inadvertently boarded the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express at Muzaffarnagar railway station though they had tickets for second class journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP