NHRC seeks report on death of woman pushed out of Shatabdi Exp
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) today sought a report from Railways in connection with the death of woman after she was pushed out of a running train allegedly by RPF personnel on Wednesday.
Taking suo motu cognisance of the February 27 incident in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, the NHRC has asked the Chairman of Railway Board to submit the report within four weeks.
Quoting media reports, NHRC spokesperson said the woman, in her mid-50s, was travelling with her husband and the couple inadvertently boarded the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express at Muzaffarnagar railway station though they had tickets for second class journey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt