No one held in rape cases of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Over two months after the Muzaffarnagar riots, no arrests have been so far in the 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment during the violence in which over 100 people have been booked.
According to Special Investigation Team sources, police have registered 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment and named 111 people in different places in the district, but no one has been arrested in this connection so far.
Meanwhile, 88 people have been arrested in murder and property burning cases during the riots, the SIT sources said.
Police registered 52 cases of murder and 59 cases of property burning and named 116 people in this connection, they said.
A total of 565 cases were registered against 6,315 persons in five riot-hit districts -- Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, Saharanpur and Meerut.
An SIT team is probing the Muzaffarnagar riots and had filed its first charge sheet in connection with the violence a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price