No one held in rape cases of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Over two months after the Muzaffarnagar riots, no arrests have been so far in the 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment during the violence in which over 100 people have been booked.
According to Special Investigation Team sources, police have registered 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment and named 111 people in different places in the district, but no one has been arrested in this connection so far.
Meanwhile, 88 people have been arrested in murder and property burning cases during the riots, the SIT sources said.
Police registered 52 cases of murder and 59 cases of property burning and named 116 people in this connection, they said.
A total of 565 cases were registered against 6,315 persons in five riot-hit districts -- Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, Saharanpur and Meerut.
An SIT team is probing the Muzaffarnagar riots and had filed its first charge sheet in connection with the violence a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?