No one held in rape cases of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Over two months after the Muzaffarnagar riots, no arrests have been so far in the 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment during the violence in which over 100 people have been booked.
According to Special Investigation Team sources, police have registered 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment and named 111 people in different places in the district, but no one has been arrested in this connection so far.
Meanwhile, 88 people have been arrested in murder and property burning cases during the riots, the SIT sources said.
Police registered 52 cases of murder and 59 cases of property burning and named 116 people in this connection, they said.
A total of 565 cases were registered against 6,315 persons in five riot-hit districts -- Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, Saharanpur and Meerut.
An SIT team is probing the Muzaffarnagar riots and had filed its first charge sheet in connection with the violence a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress