No one held in rape cases of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Over two months after the Muzaffarnagar riots, no arrests have been so far in the 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment during the violence in which over 100 people have been booked.
According to Special Investigation Team sources, police have registered 13 cases of rape and sexual harassment and named 111 people in different places in the district, but no one has been arrested in this connection so far.
Meanwhile, 88 people have been arrested in murder and property burning cases during the riots, the SIT sources said.
Police registered 52 cases of murder and 59 cases of property burning and named 116 people in this connection, they said.
A total of 565 cases were registered against 6,315 persons in five riot-hit districts -- Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Baghpat, Saharanpur and Meerut.
An SIT team is probing the Muzaffarnagar riots and had filed its first charge sheet in connection with the violence a few days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today