Noida administration to conduct special drive for voters
Noida: The district administration will carry out a special drive on Sunday for voters to check their names in the electoral rolls in order to exercise their franchise.
District Magistrate AV Rajamouli on Friday appealed to the public to check their names in voters` list during the drive.
"One should not be under the impression that if he has a voter card, his name will be in the voter list," he said.
Rajamouli held meeting with political representatives and appealed to them to follow the model code of conduct.
Meanwhile, static surveillance teams (SST) and flying squads today started functioning to ensure model code of conduct was being followed.
Additional District Magistrate Achhe Lal Yadav said a drive had been launched to remove hoardings and posters of political parties and their leaders.
Polling in Gautam Buddha Nagar is scheduled to be held on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands