Noida administration to conduct special drive for voters
Noida: The district administration will carry out a special drive on Sunday for voters to check their names in the electoral rolls in order to exercise their franchise.
District Magistrate AV Rajamouli on Friday appealed to the public to check their names in voters` list during the drive.
"One should not be under the impression that if he has a voter card, his name will be in the voter list," he said.
Rajamouli held meeting with political representatives and appealed to them to follow the model code of conduct.
Meanwhile, static surveillance teams (SST) and flying squads today started functioning to ensure model code of conduct was being followed.
Additional District Magistrate Achhe Lal Yadav said a drive had been launched to remove hoardings and posters of political parties and their leaders.
Polling in Gautam Buddha Nagar is scheduled to be held on April 10.
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`