Noida administration to conduct special drive for voters
Noida: The district administration will carry out a special drive on Sunday for voters to check their names in the electoral rolls in order to exercise their franchise.
District Magistrate AV Rajamouli on Friday appealed to the public to check their names in voters` list during the drive.
"One should not be under the impression that if he has a voter card, his name will be in the voter list," he said.
Rajamouli held meeting with political representatives and appealed to them to follow the model code of conduct.
Meanwhile, static surveillance teams (SST) and flying squads today started functioning to ensure model code of conduct was being followed.
Additional District Magistrate Achhe Lal Yadav said a drive had been launched to remove hoardings and posters of political parties and their leaders.
Polling in Gautam Buddha Nagar is scheduled to be held on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?