Notice to BJP MP for violating poll code
Firozabad (UP): The district administration
has issued a notice to a BJP MP from Agra for violating the
model code of conduct by flagging off a Shatabdi train from
the Tundla station where it stopped for the first time.
A notice has been issued to BJP MP Ramshanker Katheria
last evening for flagging off the Shatabdi from Tundla railway
station and the Election Commission has also been informed,
District Magistrate Surendra Singh said.
The Railway Minister has added Tundla junction as a
stoppage for the Shatabdi train from January.
When the Lucknow-bound Shatabdi reached Tundla station
yesterday, Katheria reached the spot along with his supporters
and flagged off the train.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Raj Babbar said that Tundla was
added in the list of stoppages of Shatabdi due to his efforts
and the ministry has issued a letter to him in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town