Notice to BJP MP for violating poll code
Firozabad (UP): The district administration
has issued a notice to a BJP MP from Agra for violating the
model code of conduct by flagging off a Shatabdi train from
the Tundla station where it stopped for the first time.
A notice has been issued to BJP MP Ramshanker Katheria
last evening for flagging off the Shatabdi from Tundla railway
station and the Election Commission has also been informed,
District Magistrate Surendra Singh said.
The Railway Minister has added Tundla junction as a
stoppage for the Shatabdi train from January.
When the Lucknow-bound Shatabdi reached Tundla station
yesterday, Katheria reached the spot along with his supporters
and flagged off the train.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Raj Babbar said that Tundla was
added in the list of stoppages of Shatabdi due to his efforts
and the ministry has issued a letter to him in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH