Now, a woman judge raped in UP!
Lucknow: Even a woman judge has not been spared in Uttar Pradesh. The judge was raped and an attempt was made to kill her in Aligarh, police said Tuesday.
The attack comes just days after the gang-rape and murder of two minor girls in Badaun that has caused a nationwide furore.
The woman judge was found unconscious in her official residence Monday. She was drugged and badly injured.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Nitin Tiwari told IANS that based on the complaint of the victim`s brother, a case of rape has been registered.
"As of now no medical has been conducted and we are waiting for the victim to be in a position to testify," he added.
Officials told IANS that a half-empty bottle of pesticide was also recovered at the crime scene and it is feared that after raping the judge, the assailants force fed her pesticide.
The woman judge has since been admitted to a hospital where her condition continues to be serious.
After a complaint was lodged by the brother of the victim at the Civil Lines police station, police lodged an FIR and are on a lookout for the assailants, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him