NRHM scam: CBI files first chargesheet
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday filed charge sheet
against former Uttar Pradesh bureaucrat PK Jain and others
for alleged irregularities in utilisation of funds allocated
under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scheme.
Besides Jain, former general manager of Construction and
Design Services (C and DS), others named in the charge sheet
are project manager BN Srivastava, resident engineer Kataar
Singh, project engineer BN Ram, accountant JK Singh,
managing director of private firms Naresh Grover and RK
Singh, CBI officials said.
All those named in the charge sheet, which was submitted
before a designated court of Ghaziabad, are at present in
The CBI had registered a case against Jain and others on
January 2 for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 5.46 crore in the
upgrading work of 134 district hospitals. During the probe,
the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was to the
tune of Rs 7.94 crore.
The CBI alleged that Rs 13.4 crore was given to
Construction and Design Services, a unit of UP Jal Nigam, for
the upgrade work of 134 districts hospitals.
It alleged that the work was sub-let to a Ghaziabad-based
firm on the basis of bogus and forged documents.
The materials installed in the hospitals were found to be
of inferior and sub-standard quality thereby causing a loss to
the exchequer, the CBI alleged.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases to probe
alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds
allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015