NRHM scam: CBI files first chargesheet
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday filed charge sheet
against former Uttar Pradesh bureaucrat PK Jain and others
for alleged irregularities in utilisation of funds allocated
under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scheme.
Besides Jain, former general manager of Construction and
Design Services (C and DS), others named in the charge sheet
are project manager BN Srivastava, resident engineer Kataar
Singh, project engineer BN Ram, accountant JK Singh,
managing director of private firms Naresh Grover and RK
Singh, CBI officials said.
All those named in the charge sheet, which was submitted
before a designated court of Ghaziabad, are at present in
The CBI had registered a case against Jain and others on
January 2 for allegedly causing a loss of Rs 5.46 crore in the
upgrading work of 134 district hospitals. During the probe,
the CBI claimed that the misappropriation of funds was to the
tune of Rs 7.94 crore.
The CBI alleged that Rs 13.4 crore was given to
Construction and Design Services, a unit of UP Jal Nigam, for
the upgrade work of 134 districts hospitals.
It alleged that the work was sub-let to a Ghaziabad-based
firm on the basis of bogus and forged documents.
The materials installed in the hospitals were found to be
of inferior and sub-standard quality thereby causing a loss to
the exchequer, the CBI alleged.
The investigating agency has filed 13 cases to probe
alleged irregularities in utilising Rs 10,000 crore funds
allocated under the centrally-sponsored NRHM to Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video