NRHM scam: Judicial custody of accused extended
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court Monday extended the judicial custody of three accused in the multi-crore NRHM scam till May 28.
The accused, including Former Director General (Health) SP Ram, along with two medicine suppliers Saurabh Jain and his brother Vivek, were produced before CBI Special judge AK Singh, who extended their custody by another 14 days.
Another accused Abhay Bajpayee, who was earlier granted bail in the case, could not appear before the court second time in a row citing health reasons.
All the accused have been asked to appear before the court in the next hearing on May 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre