Oldest litigant in Ayodhya case comes out in support of Narendra Modi
Ayodhya: Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest litigants in Ayodhya title suits, on Friday claimed Congress is creating fear of Narendra Modi among Muslims and the BJP leader needs the community`s support to become prime minister.
"Modi needs Muslims` full support to become prime minister of the country," Hashim said on the 21st anniversary of the demolition of Babri mosque.
"Muslims in Gujarat are happy and wealthy," he said.
Hashim (92), who is fighting the legal battle since 1959, alleged that Congress is creating fear of Modi among the Muslims.
"Congress is creating fear of Modi by saying that if he becomes the prime minister their will be consequences for the community," he said.
Muslims have supported Congress for over 50 years, but the party in return gifted the community a series of communal riots, he said.
He also attacked the Muslim ministers in the Samajwadi party-led UP government and called them "powerless".
"Muslim ministers in the SP government are speechless and don`t have any position in the party," he said.
The SP government is following the path of Congress, which has "suppressed Muslims through riots", Hashim alleged.
"Over 100 riots have taken place since the SP government took over the reigns of UP. The party is following the path the Congress, which suppressed Muslims by orchestrating riots," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das