One gets death penalty for killing five Dalits
Fatehpur (UP): A local court has sentenced
one person to death and two others to life imprisonment for
killing five Dalits more than 10 years ago.
Special judge P K Chaturvedi convicted Devideen Singh,
Shivram Singh and Hariman for killing Tejani, Lalita, Jagpata,
Puja and Manish over a minor dispute in Hasnapur village in
Hussainganj area on June 17, 2001, assistant prosecution
officer P K Mishra said.
Pronouncing the judgement yesterday, the court sentenced
Devideen to death, while Shivram and Hariman were sentenced to
life imprisonment, he said.
The fourth accused Ramakant Bajpai was acquitted by the
court, Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters