One gets death penalty for killing five Dalits
Fatehpur (UP): A local court has sentenced
one person to death and two others to life imprisonment for
killing five Dalits more than 10 years ago.
Special judge P K Chaturvedi convicted Devideen Singh,
Shivram Singh and Hariman for killing Tejani, Lalita, Jagpata,
Puja and Manish over a minor dispute in Hasnapur village in
Hussainganj area on June 17, 2001, assistant prosecution
officer P K Mishra said.
Pronouncing the judgement yesterday, the court sentenced
Devideen to death, while Shivram and Hariman were sentenced to
life imprisonment, he said.
The fourth accused Ramakant Bajpai was acquitted by the
court, Mishra said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS