‘Oppn defaming SP over alleged law and order’
Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday claimed that opposition and media were defaming the SP government over alleged law and order situation in the state, and asked media to publish news responsibly.
"A lot of hue and cry is being raised alleging poor law and order in the state...You tell me, where is law and order bad...Whenever any incident takes place, TV channels and newspapers get their breaking news and headline. You (media) should go into depth before running any story," Yadav said while addressing a gathering after inauguration of a private school here.
"For selling news, headlines are needed...Channels want breaking news. There is less reality more propaganda in this (poor law and order issue).
The reality is that our government has a lot of achievements," Yadav said.
He said it was the opposition`s job to make an issue of nothing, but media should be careful before terming this as "breaking news".
Yadav said due to shortage of officers and employees in police department, work on law and order front had got affected but the state government would take steps to improve the situation.
He said doctors would be appointed to improve health scenario in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook