‘Oppn defaming SP over alleged law and order’
Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday claimed that opposition and media were defaming the SP government over alleged law and order situation in the state, and asked media to publish news responsibly.
"A lot of hue and cry is being raised alleging poor law and order in the state...You tell me, where is law and order bad...Whenever any incident takes place, TV channels and newspapers get their breaking news and headline. You (media) should go into depth before running any story," Yadav said while addressing a gathering after inauguration of a private school here.
"For selling news, headlines are needed...Channels want breaking news. There is less reality more propaganda in this (poor law and order issue).
The reality is that our government has a lot of achievements," Yadav said.
He said it was the opposition`s job to make an issue of nothing, but media should be careful before terming this as "breaking news".
Yadav said due to shortage of officers and employees in police department, work on law and order front had got affected but the state government would take steps to improve the situation.
He said doctors would be appointed to improve health scenario in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3