‘Oppn defaming SP over alleged law and order’
Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday claimed that opposition and media were defaming the SP government over alleged law and order situation in the state, and asked media to publish news responsibly.
"A lot of hue and cry is being raised alleging poor law and order in the state...You tell me, where is law and order bad...Whenever any incident takes place, TV channels and newspapers get their breaking news and headline. You (media) should go into depth before running any story," Yadav said while addressing a gathering after inauguration of a private school here.
"For selling news, headlines are needed...Channels want breaking news. There is less reality more propaganda in this (poor law and order issue).
The reality is that our government has a lot of achievements," Yadav said.
He said it was the opposition`s job to make an issue of nothing, but media should be careful before terming this as "breaking news".
Yadav said due to shortage of officers and employees in police department, work on law and order front had got affected but the state government would take steps to improve the situation.
He said doctors would be appointed to improve health scenario in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’