Petition filed in court accusing Vaidik of sedition
Chandauli: A complaint was filed on Thursday in a local court here against senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik accusing him of sedition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and his controversial remarks on Jammu and Kashmir.
A lawyer Santosh Pathak moved the application against Vaidik in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, which fixed July 22 as the date of hearing.
Demanding action against Vaidik, the applicant has sought slapping of sedition charges against the journalist for meeting the 26/11 mastermind and his alleged remarks on the issue of Kashmir during an interview to a Pakistani-based news channel.
Vaidik`s meeting with Hafiz Saeed in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians, had sparked national outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video