Petition filed in court accusing Vaidik of sedition
Chandauli: A complaint was filed on Thursday in a local court here against senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik accusing him of sedition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and his controversial remarks on Jammu and Kashmir.
A lawyer Santosh Pathak moved the application against Vaidik in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, which fixed July 22 as the date of hearing.
Demanding action against Vaidik, the applicant has sought slapping of sedition charges against the journalist for meeting the 26/11 mastermind and his alleged remarks on the issue of Kashmir during an interview to a Pakistani-based news channel.
Vaidik`s meeting with Hafiz Saeed in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians, had sparked national outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing