Petition filed in court accusing Vaidik of sedition
Chandauli: A complaint was filed on Thursday in a local court here against senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik accusing him of sedition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and his controversial remarks on Jammu and Kashmir.
A lawyer Santosh Pathak moved the application against Vaidik in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, which fixed July 22 as the date of hearing.
Demanding action against Vaidik, the applicant has sought slapping of sedition charges against the journalist for meeting the 26/11 mastermind and his alleged remarks on the issue of Kashmir during an interview to a Pakistani-based news channel.
Vaidik`s meeting with Hafiz Saeed in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians, had sparked national outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey