Petition filed in court accusing Vaidik of sedition
Chandauli: A complaint was filed on Thursday in a local court here against senior journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik accusing him of sedition over his meeting with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed and his controversial remarks on Jammu and Kashmir.
A lawyer Santosh Pathak moved the application against Vaidik in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, which fixed July 22 as the date of hearing.
Demanding action against Vaidik, the applicant has sought slapping of sedition charges against the journalist for meeting the 26/11 mastermind and his alleged remarks on the issue of Kashmir during an interview to a Pakistani-based news channel.
Vaidik`s meeting with Hafiz Saeed in Lahore on July 2 while touring Pakistan along with a group of journalists and politicians, had sparked national outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown