Poacher arrested with deer skin and horns in Maharajganj
Mahrajganj (UP): A poacher was arrested with deer skin and horns in Nichlaual near here, a senior official said today.
On a tip-off, one person was arrested yesterday from near Doma Chowk by a team of Forest Department and Wildlife Protection Society of India.
Three deer skin and as many horns were seized from the possession of Narendra Bahadur Singh, an official said, adding that one of his accomplice, however, managed to escape.
Range officer of Nichlaual forest range, A K Misra said the arrested person could be a member of a poaching network and his links are being investigated.
Singh is a resident of Badhya (village) near the reserve. He was paid Rs 2,000 to transport the skin to another location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!