Poacher arrested with deer skin and horns in Maharajganj
Mahrajganj (UP): A poacher was arrested with deer skin and horns in Nichlaual near here, a senior official said today.
On a tip-off, one person was arrested yesterday from near Doma Chowk by a team of Forest Department and Wildlife Protection Society of India.
Three deer skin and as many horns were seized from the possession of Narendra Bahadur Singh, an official said, adding that one of his accomplice, however, managed to escape.
Range officer of Nichlaual forest range, A K Misra said the arrested person could be a member of a poaching network and his links are being investigated.
Singh is a resident of Badhya (village) near the reserve. He was paid Rs 2,000 to transport the skin to another location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'