Poacher arrested with deer skin and horns in Maharajganj
Mahrajganj (UP): A poacher was arrested with deer skin and horns in Nichlaual near here, a senior official said today.
On a tip-off, one person was arrested yesterday from near Doma Chowk by a team of Forest Department and Wildlife Protection Society of India.
Three deer skin and as many horns were seized from the possession of Narendra Bahadur Singh, an official said, adding that one of his accomplice, however, managed to escape.
Range officer of Nichlaual forest range, A K Misra said the arrested person could be a member of a poaching network and his links are being investigated.
Singh is a resident of Badhya (village) near the reserve. He was paid Rs 2,000 to transport the skin to another location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand