Poacher arrested with deer skin and horns in Maharajganj
Mahrajganj (UP): A poacher was arrested with deer skin and horns in Nichlaual near here, a senior official said today.
On a tip-off, one person was arrested yesterday from near Doma Chowk by a team of Forest Department and Wildlife Protection Society of India.
Three deer skin and as many horns were seized from the possession of Narendra Bahadur Singh, an official said, adding that one of his accomplice, however, managed to escape.
Range officer of Nichlaual forest range, A K Misra said the arrested person could be a member of a poaching network and his links are being investigated.
Singh is a resident of Badhya (village) near the reserve. He was paid Rs 2,000 to transport the skin to another location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air