Political instability may lead to early LS polls: Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party president Mayawati on Wednesday said the Lok Sabha elections could be preponed as the country is heading towards "political instability" due to corruption, inflation and unemployment.
The BSP chief today asked the party workers here "to make all preparations" required for giving a better result in Uttar Pradesh this time.
"People are unhappy due to corruption, inflation and unemployment under the UPA government and because of this the country is moving towards political instability, therefore elections could be held before its schedule," Mayawati told her partymen in a meeting.
"The party needs to make all the preparations to deal with any situation at any level... We have to get a much better result in Uttar Pradesh than the last time," the former UP chief minister told the partymen.
Continuing with her attack on the Samajwadi Party government, she said, "It has failed at all the levels. Law and order has deteriorated and development has also come to a halt."
"Due to this people are facing severe hardship...Instead of worrying for the people the SP is merely running the government for its own good and for which it would definitely be punished by the people in the time to come," Mayawati said.
On the occasion, Mayawati reviewed the organisational matters and gave necessary directions for increasing the party base besides emphasising on increasing its hold in the "sarv samaj".
She directed the party workers to launch a special drive from May 1 for the purpose.
The BSP chief said that she would again review the works for improving the party base by this month end and give it a "final shape".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad