Provide good healthcare at riot relief camps: NHRC team tells officials
Muzaffarnagar: A three-member team of National Human Rights Commission has directed the Uttar Pradesh health authorities to make sure that no person living in the riots relief camps here and Shamli district dies due to inadequate medical facilities, official sources said.
The team, which visited the camp at Loee village in the district yesterday, has told officials that medical check-ups should be conducted at all camps on a daily basis, the sources said.
An estimated 4,000 people are living in the five relief camps in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli.
Over 60 people were killed in the Muzaffarnagar riots that broke out in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room