Provide good healthcare at riot relief camps: NHRC team tells officials
Muzaffarnagar: A three-member team of National Human Rights Commission has directed the Uttar Pradesh health authorities to make sure that no person living in the riots relief camps here and Shamli district dies due to inadequate medical facilities, official sources said.
The team, which visited the camp at Loee village in the district yesterday, has told officials that medical check-ups should be conducted at all camps on a daily basis, the sources said.
An estimated 4,000 people are living in the five relief camps in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli.
Over 60 people were killed in the Muzaffarnagar riots that broke out in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next Team India coach: BCCI to announce name today; Anil Kumble emerges as frontrunner for top job
- Sensex in wait-and-watch mode ahead of 'Brexit' vote
- Anushka Sharma to organise special 'Sultan' screening for beau Virat Kohli?
- Chennai lawyer hacked to death in broad daylight
- Need manicure tips at home? Watch this video now!