Railway Police Inspector booked for eloping with married woman
Varanasi: A case has been registered against a Government Railway Police (GRP) Inspector here for allegedly eloping with a married woman, police said on Monday.
Devendra Mishra, the inspector posted at Cantt station, and a poultry farm-owner were booked last night on the orders of Zonal IG G L Meena, they said.
Her brother has claimed that the phone numbers of both were found in the woman`s mobile phone, which she left behind in the home of her in-laws before allegedly eloping with Mishra on December 20.
"Her call records raised a suspicion in the mind of her brother who then reported it to the police," they said.
Her brother claimed even before her marriage, she had run away from her house once after which the Cantt GRP sent her to a women`s protection home. The inspector had taken her mobile number then.
The complainant has also alleged that Mishra started visiting his sister`s home by posing as an uncle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan