Railway Police Inspector booked for eloping with married woman
Varanasi: A case has been registered against a Government Railway Police (GRP) Inspector here for allegedly eloping with a married woman, police said on Monday.
Devendra Mishra, the inspector posted at Cantt station, and a poultry farm-owner were booked last night on the orders of Zonal IG G L Meena, they said.
Her brother has claimed that the phone numbers of both were found in the woman`s mobile phone, which she left behind in the home of her in-laws before allegedly eloping with Mishra on December 20.
"Her call records raised a suspicion in the mind of her brother who then reported it to the police," they said.
Her brother claimed even before her marriage, she had run away from her house once after which the Cantt GRP sent her to a women`s protection home. The inspector had taken her mobile number then.
The complainant has also alleged that Mishra started visiting his sister`s home by posing as an uncle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP