Railway Police Inspector booked for eloping with married woman
Varanasi: A case has been registered against a Government Railway Police (GRP) Inspector here for allegedly eloping with a married woman, police said on Monday.
Devendra Mishra, the inspector posted at Cantt station, and a poultry farm-owner were booked last night on the orders of Zonal IG G L Meena, they said.
Her brother has claimed that the phone numbers of both were found in the woman`s mobile phone, which she left behind in the home of her in-laws before allegedly eloping with Mishra on December 20.
"Her call records raised a suspicion in the mind of her brother who then reported it to the police," they said.
Her brother claimed even before her marriage, she had run away from her house once after which the Cantt GRP sent her to a women`s protection home. The inspector had taken her mobile number then.
The complainant has also alleged that Mishra started visiting his sister`s home by posing as an uncle.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?