Rainfall, thundershowers hit eastern UP, bring mer
Lucknow: Light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers occurred at one or two places in eastern Uttar Pradesh even as the weather remained mainly dry in the western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
Day temperatures fell in the Gorakhpur and Bareilly divisions and registered a marked drop in the Varanasi and Faizabad divisions, the MeT office said.
The maximum was appreciably below normal also in the Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow and Moradabad divisions.
Kanpur recorded 7-cm rainfall while Gorakhpur received showers measuring 3-cm.
It also rained in Deoria and Allahabad (each 2-cm) and in Shahjahanpur (1-cm).
Etawah continued to be the hottest place in the state although it saw the maximum come down to 43.4 degrees Celsius from 45.6 degrees yesterday.
The forecast is for mainly dry weather over western UP along with rain or thundershowers at isolated places in the eastern parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened