Rainfall, thundershowers hit eastern UP, bring mer
Lucknow: Light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers occurred at one or two places in eastern Uttar Pradesh even as the weather remained mainly dry in the western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
Day temperatures fell in the Gorakhpur and Bareilly divisions and registered a marked drop in the Varanasi and Faizabad divisions, the MeT office said.
The maximum was appreciably below normal also in the Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow and Moradabad divisions.
Kanpur recorded 7-cm rainfall while Gorakhpur received showers measuring 3-cm.
It also rained in Deoria and Allahabad (each 2-cm) and in Shahjahanpur (1-cm).
Etawah continued to be the hottest place in the state although it saw the maximum come down to 43.4 degrees Celsius from 45.6 degrees yesterday.
The forecast is for mainly dry weather over western UP along with rain or thundershowers at isolated places in the eastern parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%