Rainfall, thundershowers hit eastern UP, bring mer
Lucknow: Light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers occurred at one or two places in eastern Uttar Pradesh even as the weather remained mainly dry in the western parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
Day temperatures fell in the Gorakhpur and Bareilly divisions and registered a marked drop in the Varanasi and Faizabad divisions, the MeT office said.
The maximum was appreciably below normal also in the Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow and Moradabad divisions.
Kanpur recorded 7-cm rainfall while Gorakhpur received showers measuring 3-cm.
It also rained in Deoria and Allahabad (each 2-cm) and in Shahjahanpur (1-cm).
Etawah continued to be the hottest place in the state although it saw the maximum come down to 43.4 degrees Celsius from 45.6 degrees yesterday.
The forecast is for mainly dry weather over western UP along with rain or thundershowers at isolated places in the eastern parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...