Samajwadi Party comes out with second list of nominees for Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Monday released second list of its candidates for 2014 general elections.
The list of eight candidates, which includes party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav and two Cabinet ministers, came two days after SP announced its first list of 55 candidates.
The party has 22 MP`s.
Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav has been named candidate from Azamgarh, whereas Land Development and Water Resource Minister Om Prakash Singh would fight from Ghazipur parliamentary constituency.
Minister of State for Labour Shahid Manzoor would be contesting from Meerut.
Former MP Dharmraj Patel, who re-joined the party barely two days back, has been named candidate for Phoolpur constituency in Allahabad district.
Among other candidates Ravi Gautam has been named for Bulandshahr(reserved) seat, Kajal Sharma for Aligarh, Mahendra Verma for Sitapur and Kuwar Akhilesh Singh for Maharajganj.
In Banda the party has replaced its sitting MP RK Singh Patel and has named Shyama Charan Gupta as its candidate.
SP has taken lead in announcing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, with its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking another term from his Mainpuri seat.
Speaker of the state assembly, Mata Prasad Yadav, would be contesting from Domariyaganj and former minister Ashok Bajpai from Lucknow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy