Samajwadi Party comes out with second list of nominees for Lok Sabha polls
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Monday released second list of its candidates for 2014 general elections.
The list of eight candidates, which includes party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav and two Cabinet ministers, came two days after SP announced its first list of 55 candidates.
The party has 22 MP`s.
Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav has been named candidate from Azamgarh, whereas Land Development and Water Resource Minister Om Prakash Singh would fight from Ghazipur parliamentary constituency.
Minister of State for Labour Shahid Manzoor would be contesting from Meerut.
Former MP Dharmraj Patel, who re-joined the party barely two days back, has been named candidate for Phoolpur constituency in Allahabad district.
Among other candidates Ravi Gautam has been named for Bulandshahr(reserved) seat, Kajal Sharma for Aligarh, Mahendra Verma for Sitapur and Kuwar Akhilesh Singh for Maharajganj.
In Banda the party has replaced its sitting MP RK Singh Patel and has named Shyama Charan Gupta as its candidate.
SP has taken lead in announcing candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, with its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking another term from his Mainpuri seat.
Speaker of the state assembly, Mata Prasad Yadav, would be contesting from Domariyaganj and former minister Ashok Bajpai from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed