Seers to chalk out strategy on building Ayodhya’s Ram temple next month
Dehradun: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) has convened a meeting of seers at Prayag in Uttar Pradesh on February 7 to discuss strategy for constructing a Ram temple at Ayodhya.
"Sadhus and saints from different parts of the country will congregate at Prayag on the occasion of Mahakumbh under the banner of VHP on February 7 and draw a strategy to build a Ram temple at Ayodhya," VHP international general secretary Praveen Togadia told reporters at Roorkee on Friday.
The firebrand leader, on a personal visit to Roorkee, accused the government of pursuing a policy of appeasement towards minorities.
The subsidy for Haj pilgrimage and imposition of tax on pitching a tent in Prayag during Kumbh was an example of this policy, Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?