Seers to chalk out strategy on building Ayodhya’s Ram temple next month
Dehradun: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) has convened a meeting of seers at Prayag in Uttar Pradesh on February 7 to discuss strategy for constructing a Ram temple at Ayodhya.
"Sadhus and saints from different parts of the country will congregate at Prayag on the occasion of Mahakumbh under the banner of VHP on February 7 and draw a strategy to build a Ram temple at Ayodhya," VHP international general secretary Praveen Togadia told reporters at Roorkee on Friday.
The firebrand leader, on a personal visit to Roorkee, accused the government of pursuing a policy of appeasement towards minorities.
The subsidy for Haj pilgrimage and imposition of tax on pitching a tent in Prayag during Kumbh was an example of this policy, Togadia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31