Seven arrested in SP leader murder case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven members of a gang allegedly involved in cases of heinous crime, including the murder of a Samajwadi Party leader and his brother, were on Sunday arrested in Ghazipur district, 350 kms from here.
The seven identified as Aman Pratap Singh alias Nanhe, Jitendra Jaiswal, Rohit Singh, Roshan, Mohit Verma, Pradeep Seth and Ashutosh Tripathi were arrested from Saidpur area in Ghazipur, ADG Police Arun Kumar told reporters.
The ADG said that on December 7 the gang shot dead jeweller Ajay Barnwal (50), who was also vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) in Saidpur and escaped with cash and jewellery.
Nanhe and Rohit were B Tech students, the police official said.
Six fire-arms, including two 9 MM pistols, Rs 1.29 lakh cash, a bag containing jewellery and 15 mobiles with sim cards were seized from their possession, he said.
Last week, the gang members had shot dead one Rinku and looted a .32 bore pistol, he said.
On October 27, the gang had killed one Bachche Lal in Karanda area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...