Seven arrested in SP leader murder case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven members of a gang allegedly involved in cases of heinous crime, including the murder of a Samajwadi Party leader and his brother, were on Sunday arrested in Ghazipur district, 350 kms from here.
The seven identified as Aman Pratap Singh alias Nanhe, Jitendra Jaiswal, Rohit Singh, Roshan, Mohit Verma, Pradeep Seth and Ashutosh Tripathi were arrested from Saidpur area in Ghazipur, ADG Police Arun Kumar told reporters.
The ADG said that on December 7 the gang shot dead jeweller Ajay Barnwal (50), who was also vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) in Saidpur and escaped with cash and jewellery.
Nanhe and Rohit were B Tech students, the police official said.
Six fire-arms, including two 9 MM pistols, Rs 1.29 lakh cash, a bag containing jewellery and 15 mobiles with sim cards were seized from their possession, he said.
Last week, the gang members had shot dead one Rinku and looted a .32 bore pistol, he said.
On October 27, the gang had killed one Bachche Lal in Karanda area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?