Seven arrested in SP leader murder case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven members of a gang allegedly involved in cases of heinous crime, including the murder of a Samajwadi Party leader and his brother, were on Sunday arrested in Ghazipur district, 350 kms from here.
The seven identified as Aman Pratap Singh alias Nanhe, Jitendra Jaiswal, Rohit Singh, Roshan, Mohit Verma, Pradeep Seth and Ashutosh Tripathi were arrested from Saidpur area in Ghazipur, ADG Police Arun Kumar told reporters.
The ADG said that on December 7 the gang shot dead jeweller Ajay Barnwal (50), who was also vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) in Saidpur and escaped with cash and jewellery.
Nanhe and Rohit were B Tech students, the police official said.
Six fire-arms, including two 9 MM pistols, Rs 1.29 lakh cash, a bag containing jewellery and 15 mobiles with sim cards were seized from their possession, he said.
Last week, the gang members had shot dead one Rinku and looted a .32 bore pistol, he said.
On October 27, the gang had killed one Bachche Lal in Karanda area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video