Seven arrested in SP leader murder case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven members of a gang allegedly involved in cases of heinous crime, including the murder of a Samajwadi Party leader and his brother, were on Sunday arrested in Ghazipur district, 350 kms from here.
The seven identified as Aman Pratap Singh alias Nanhe, Jitendra Jaiswal, Rohit Singh, Roshan, Mohit Verma, Pradeep Seth and Ashutosh Tripathi were arrested from Saidpur area in Ghazipur, ADG Police Arun Kumar told reporters.
The ADG said that on December 7 the gang shot dead jeweller Ajay Barnwal (50), who was also vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) in Saidpur and escaped with cash and jewellery.
Nanhe and Rohit were B Tech students, the police official said.
Six fire-arms, including two 9 MM pistols, Rs 1.29 lakh cash, a bag containing jewellery and 15 mobiles with sim cards were seized from their possession, he said.
Last week, the gang members had shot dead one Rinku and looted a .32 bore pistol, he said.
On October 27, the gang had killed one Bachche Lal in Karanda area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?