Seven arrested in SP leader murder case in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Seven members of a gang allegedly involved in cases of heinous crime, including the murder of a Samajwadi Party leader and his brother, were on Sunday arrested in Ghazipur district, 350 kms from here.
The seven identified as Aman Pratap Singh alias Nanhe, Jitendra Jaiswal, Rohit Singh, Roshan, Mohit Verma, Pradeep Seth and Ashutosh Tripathi were arrested from Saidpur area in Ghazipur, ADG Police Arun Kumar told reporters.
The ADG said that on December 7 the gang shot dead jeweller Ajay Barnwal (50), who was also vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) in Saidpur and escaped with cash and jewellery.
Nanhe and Rohit were B Tech students, the police official said.
Six fire-arms, including two 9 MM pistols, Rs 1.29 lakh cash, a bag containing jewellery and 15 mobiles with sim cards were seized from their possession, he said.
Last week, the gang members had shot dead one Rinku and looted a .32 bore pistol, he said.
On October 27, the gang had killed one Bachche Lal in Karanda area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores