Several injured in clash between villagers, military aspirants
Saharanpur: Over 24 persons were injured and train windows damaged today after a group of villagers and military aspirants allegedly pelted stones at each other near Sonaarjunpur railway halt here, police said.
An argument broke out between the military aspirants, who had come here for recruitment exams, and villagers over seats in train, they said.
Later, when the aspirants were returning, some villagers pelted stones at the train, they said.
The aspirants also pelted stones at the villagers, they said, adding, several persons were injured and train windows damaged.
The Government Railway Police reached the spot and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr