Several injured in clash between villagers, military aspirants
Saharanpur: Over 24 persons were injured and train windows damaged today after a group of villagers and military aspirants allegedly pelted stones at each other near Sonaarjunpur railway halt here, police said.
An argument broke out between the military aspirants, who had come here for recruitment exams, and villagers over seats in train, they said.
Later, when the aspirants were returning, some villagers pelted stones at the train, they said.
The aspirants also pelted stones at the villagers, they said, adding, several persons were injured and train windows damaged.
The Government Railway Police reached the spot and controlled the situation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living