Several injured in clash between villagers, military aspirants
Saharanpur: Over 24 persons were injured and train windows damaged today after a group of villagers and military aspirants allegedly pelted stones at each other near Sonaarjunpur railway halt here, police said.
An argument broke out between the military aspirants, who had come here for recruitment exams, and villagers over seats in train, they said.
Later, when the aspirants were returning, some villagers pelted stones at the train, they said.
The aspirants also pelted stones at the villagers, they said, adding, several persons were injured and train windows damaged.
The Government Railway Police reached the spot and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends