Several injured in clash between villagers, military aspirants
Saharanpur: Over 24 persons were injured and train windows damaged today after a group of villagers and military aspirants allegedly pelted stones at each other near Sonaarjunpur railway halt here, police said.
An argument broke out between the military aspirants, who had come here for recruitment exams, and villagers over seats in train, they said.
Later, when the aspirants were returning, some villagers pelted stones at the train, they said.
The aspirants also pelted stones at the villagers, they said, adding, several persons were injured and train windows damaged.
The Government Railway Police reached the spot and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'