Several injured in clash between villagers, military aspirants
Saharanpur: Over 24 persons were injured and train windows damaged today after a group of villagers and military aspirants allegedly pelted stones at each other near Sonaarjunpur railway halt here, police said.
An argument broke out between the military aspirants, who had come here for recruitment exams, and villagers over seats in train, they said.
Later, when the aspirants were returning, some villagers pelted stones at the train, they said.
The aspirants also pelted stones at the villagers, they said, adding, several persons were injured and train windows damaged.
The Government Railway Police reached the spot and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!