Shivpal, Azam likely to take oath with Akhilesh
Lucknow: Top SP leaders Shivpal Singh Yadav
and Mohammad Azam Khan are among those likely to take oath
along with Akhilesh Yadav when he is sworn in as the Chief
Minister of Uttar Pradesh on March 15.
Senior leaders today met at the residence of Samajwadi
Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav to decide members of Chief
Minister designate Akhilesh Yadav`s Cabinet who will take oath
along with him, party sources here said.
Besides, Mulayam and Akhilesh senior party leaders
Mohammad Azam Khan, Shivpal Singh Yadav, Ramgopal Yadav and
Naresh Agarwal attended the meeting to finalise names of those
to be sworn in along with Akhilesh, they said.
Shivpal Singh Yadav, Mohammad Azam Khan, SP leaders in
legislative council Ahmad Hasan, Waqar Ahmad Shah and Arvind
Singh Gope are among the probables whose names have almost
been finalised for a ministerial berth.
Shah hails from Bahraich and Gope from Barabanki. Gope
not only won his Ram Nagar seat but is also credited with
ensuring party`s victory on all the six seats in his district,
where Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma had left no stone
unturned to make things difficult for SP.
Besides, some young faces including Abhishek Mishra, who
won from Lucknow and Tejnarain Pandey alias Pawan Pandey, who
won from Ayodhya are also being considered for ministerial
Meanwhile, preparations are in full swing at the La
Martinere ground, where a number of labourers are at work in
view of the oath taking ceremony.
Besides Chief Ministers of other states, leader of
prominent parties would be invited, party sources said.
"The oath taking ceremony may also see indications of
formation of a front ahead of 2014 Loksabha polls with
presence of leaders of like-minded parties of SP", sources
Both Mulayam and Akhilesh left for New Delhi after the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read