Shivpal warns PWD officials to make better roads
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Public Works Department minister Shivpal Singh Yadav Tuesday warned engineers that strict action will be taken against them if condition of roads across the state are not improved soon.
"The condition of roads in the state are not good. People`s representative are complaining about it and no ground work is seen anywhere. You all (engineers) should ensure that the situation improves or strict action will be taken against you", Yadav said while addressing a review meeting of his department.
Rs 7500 crore sanctioned for roads could be spent till March 31 only if the work is done in full swing, he added.
"It has come to my notice that there is delay in allotment of budget due to which work of department is adversely affected," he said.
He said a proposal of Rs 1800 crore was pending and sanction of Rs 5700 crore is being given.
Yadav also directed the officers to review construction of roads at the district level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Partly cloudy Friday morning in Delhi
- Sinn Fein calls for vote on Irish unity after Brexit
- Enough "firepower" to deal with Brexit fallout: Govt
- US Supreme Court's tie blocks Obama's immigration plan
- China, Switzerland oppose India's bid for NSG membership; Arvind Kejriwal seeks explanation from PM Narendra Modi