Sitting MLAs lock horn at Seesamau Assembly seat
Kanpur: With two political heavyweights and
sitting legislators of Kanpur pitted against each other at
Seesamau assembly segment, one is bound miss out on the
Two-time sitting Congress legislator from Seesamau Sanjiv
Dariyabadi is pitted against Samajwadi Party candidate Irfan
Solanki who is an MLA from Arya Nagar assembly segment of
However, under the fresh delimitation of Arya Nagar seat,
a large part of the assembly segment was shifted under
Seesamau assembly seat. Therefore, Solanki was left with no
other option than to contest from the Seesamau seat.
According to political experts of Kanpur, the entire city
was looking forward for a tought battle for this assembly
Earlier, the Seesamau seat was included under the
reserved category but in 2012 it has been named under the
General Category. Dariyabadi who enjoys support of OBCs in the
area emerged victorious in the last two assembly polls.
Dariyabadi too opines that is will not be a smooth
sailing from him in 2012. The Congress legislator told PTI, "I
am the sitting legislator and following the instructions of
party high command I am contesting from Seesamau seat".
Samajwadi Party candidate, Irfan Solanki said, Dariyabadi
is definitely moved by my growing influence in his assembly
segment, therefore he has started looking for option." He
strongly believed that his Congress rival would search another
option before the nomination process.
With more than 50 per cent Muslim voters in the assembly,
Samajwadi Party is confident of winning the seat. Out of the
2,48,292 voters, there are 1,37,851 Muslim voters in Seesamau.
The remaining vote bank comprises of 60,000 Brahmins, 20,000
Dalit, 15,000 Kshatriyas and 10,000 OBCs.
Even though, the Bahujan Samaj Party has also fielded a
Muslim candidate in form of Mohammad Wasiq, he is not highly
popular in the area like Solanki.
Hanuman Mishra is the BJP candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor