In his first assignment as the limited-overs coach, Ashley Giles saw England suffer a 2-3 loss to India but he says it was "not a disaster" and the series has been a "good learning" experience for his "fairly inexperienced side".
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) on Monday confirmed that recovery of fake tickets from several cricket fans during the final ODI between England and India held here and reported it to the local police.
India today snatched the number one rank from England in One-dayers, courtesy their impressive 3-2 series-win over the visitors.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today said had India batted "more sensibly", the hosts could have won the fifth and final ODI here and wrapped up the series by a bigger margin.
England captain Alastair Cook today admitted that it was an "important toss to win" and they possibly couldn`t have lost the match once his bowlers dismissed India`s top four batsmen for only 49 runs during the fifth and final ODI here.
England one-day boss Ashley Giles has axed Graham Gooch as team`s batting coach in the limited overs format and Graham Thorpe would replace him for the New Zealand series.
England beat India by seven wickets in the fifth and final One-day International here Sunday to end the series at 3-2 in favour of the hosts.
And England have defeated India by seven wickets!
Cheteshwar Pujara turned 25 on Friday and if skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni decides to include him in the playing XI for the final ODI against England here tomorrow, it would be the best birthday gift for the talented Saurashtra lad.
A morale-boosting series win sealed, India would be aiming to finish with a flourish when they take on England in the inconsequential fifth and final cricket one-dayer at the picturesque HPCA stadium here on Sunday.
Young British batsman Joe Root, who has made an impressive start to his career by scoring runs consistently against India, on Saturday said the key to his success lies in the ability to adapt to different situations quickly.
He has relished the role of a finisher in one-dayers but given a chance, Suresh Raina won`t mind batting higher up the order as he believes it would give him a chance to plan his innings better and make a comeback in the Indian Test fold.
England wicket keeper Jos Buttler has said he would stay good friends with teammate Craig Kieswetter, whom he replaced in the one-day squad against India.
India batsman Virat Kohli has warned England players that the fabulous views of the mountains from the ground in Dharamsala can be a distraction for the first timers ahead of their final one-day international on Sunday.
The fifth and final cricket one-dayer between India and England here tomorrow will start half-an-hour later than the scheduled start due to inclement weather conditions in the hill town, the BCCI announced on Saturday.
Ahead of their fifth one day international (ODI) match against India, players of the touring England cricket team visited Tsuglagkhang, a Buddhist monastery here on Friday.
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative