In his first assignment as the limited-overs coach, Ashley Giles saw England suffer a 2-3 loss to India but he says it was "not a disaster" and the series has been a "good learning" experience for his "fairly inexperienced side".
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) on Monday confirmed that recovery of fake tickets from several cricket fans during the final ODI between England and India held here and reported it to the local police.
India today snatched the number one rank from England in One-dayers, courtesy their impressive 3-2 series-win over the visitors.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today said had India batted "more sensibly", the hosts could have won the fifth and final ODI here and wrapped up the series by a bigger margin.
England captain Alastair Cook today admitted that it was an "important toss to win" and they possibly couldn`t have lost the match once his bowlers dismissed India`s top four batsmen for only 49 runs during the fifth and final ODI here.
England one-day boss Ashley Giles has axed Graham Gooch as team`s batting coach in the limited overs format and Graham Thorpe would replace him for the New Zealand series.
England beat India by seven wickets in the fifth and final One-day International here Sunday to end the series at 3-2 in favour of the hosts.
And England have defeated India by seven wickets!
Cheteshwar Pujara turned 25 on Friday and if skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni decides to include him in the playing XI for the final ODI against England here tomorrow, it would be the best birthday gift for the talented Saurashtra lad.
A morale-boosting series win sealed, India would be aiming to finish with a flourish when they take on England in the inconsequential fifth and final cricket one-dayer at the picturesque HPCA stadium here on Sunday.
Young British batsman Joe Root, who has made an impressive start to his career by scoring runs consistently against India, on Saturday said the key to his success lies in the ability to adapt to different situations quickly.
He has relished the role of a finisher in one-dayers but given a chance, Suresh Raina won`t mind batting higher up the order as he believes it would give him a chance to plan his innings better and make a comeback in the Indian Test fold.
England wicket keeper Jos Buttler has said he would stay good friends with teammate Craig Kieswetter, whom he replaced in the one-day squad against India.
India batsman Virat Kohli has warned England players that the fabulous views of the mountains from the ground in Dharamsala can be a distraction for the first timers ahead of their final one-day international on Sunday.
The fifth and final cricket one-dayer between India and England here tomorrow will start half-an-hour later than the scheduled start due to inclement weather conditions in the hill town, the BCCI announced on Saturday.
Ahead of their fifth one day international (ODI) match against India, players of the touring England cricket team visited Tsuglagkhang, a Buddhist monastery here on Friday.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- LIVE: Nitish Kumar govt to seek trust vote on Friday; Lalu Prasad Yadav calls JD(U) leader greedy for power
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- 4G speed on Jio network slowest in India; Airtel has the fastest: OpenSignal