In his first assignment as the limited-overs coach, Ashley Giles saw England suffer a 2-3 loss to India but he says it was "not a disaster" and the series has been a "good learning" experience for his "fairly inexperienced side".
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) on Monday confirmed that recovery of fake tickets from several cricket fans during the final ODI between England and India held here and reported it to the local police.
India today snatched the number one rank from England in One-dayers, courtesy their impressive 3-2 series-win over the visitors.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today said had India batted "more sensibly", the hosts could have won the fifth and final ODI here and wrapped up the series by a bigger margin.
England captain Alastair Cook today admitted that it was an "important toss to win" and they possibly couldn`t have lost the match once his bowlers dismissed India`s top four batsmen for only 49 runs during the fifth and final ODI here.
England one-day boss Ashley Giles has axed Graham Gooch as team`s batting coach in the limited overs format and Graham Thorpe would replace him for the New Zealand series.
England beat India by seven wickets in the fifth and final One-day International here Sunday to end the series at 3-2 in favour of the hosts.
And England have defeated India by seven wickets!
Cheteshwar Pujara turned 25 on Friday and if skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni decides to include him in the playing XI for the final ODI against England here tomorrow, it would be the best birthday gift for the talented Saurashtra lad.
A morale-boosting series win sealed, India would be aiming to finish with a flourish when they take on England in the inconsequential fifth and final cricket one-dayer at the picturesque HPCA stadium here on Sunday.
Young British batsman Joe Root, who has made an impressive start to his career by scoring runs consistently against India, on Saturday said the key to his success lies in the ability to adapt to different situations quickly.
He has relished the role of a finisher in one-dayers but given a chance, Suresh Raina won`t mind batting higher up the order as he believes it would give him a chance to plan his innings better and make a comeback in the Indian Test fold.
England wicket keeper Jos Buttler has said he would stay good friends with teammate Craig Kieswetter, whom he replaced in the one-day squad against India.
India batsman Virat Kohli has warned England players that the fabulous views of the mountains from the ground in Dharamsala can be a distraction for the first timers ahead of their final one-day international on Sunday.
The fifth and final cricket one-dayer between India and England here tomorrow will start half-an-hour later than the scheduled start due to inclement weather conditions in the hill town, the BCCI announced on Saturday.
Ahead of their fifth one day international (ODI) match against India, players of the touring England cricket team visited Tsuglagkhang, a Buddhist monastery here on Friday.
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Arun Jaitley defamation case: HC imposes cost of Rs 10,000 on Arvind Kejriwal, warns Delhi CM not to make abusive remarks
- Wish you were our PM, Pakistan would've changed: Woman tweets to Sushma Swaraj
- Nitish Kumar's floor test in Bihar Assembly tomorrow: A quick look at party-wise position