In his first assignment as the limited-overs coach, Ashley Giles saw England suffer a 2-3 loss to India but he says it was "not a disaster" and the series has been a "good learning" experience for his "fairly inexperienced side".
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) on Monday confirmed that recovery of fake tickets from several cricket fans during the final ODI between England and India held here and reported it to the local police.
India today snatched the number one rank from England in One-dayers, courtesy their impressive 3-2 series-win over the visitors.
Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today said had India batted "more sensibly", the hosts could have won the fifth and final ODI here and wrapped up the series by a bigger margin.
England captain Alastair Cook today admitted that it was an "important toss to win" and they possibly couldn`t have lost the match once his bowlers dismissed India`s top four batsmen for only 49 runs during the fifth and final ODI here.
England one-day boss Ashley Giles has axed Graham Gooch as team`s batting coach in the limited overs format and Graham Thorpe would replace him for the New Zealand series.
England beat India by seven wickets in the fifth and final One-day International here Sunday to end the series at 3-2 in favour of the hosts.
And England have defeated India by seven wickets!
Cheteshwar Pujara turned 25 on Friday and if skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni decides to include him in the playing XI for the final ODI against England here tomorrow, it would be the best birthday gift for the talented Saurashtra lad.
A morale-boosting series win sealed, India would be aiming to finish with a flourish when they take on England in the inconsequential fifth and final cricket one-dayer at the picturesque HPCA stadium here on Sunday.
Young British batsman Joe Root, who has made an impressive start to his career by scoring runs consistently against India, on Saturday said the key to his success lies in the ability to adapt to different situations quickly.
He has relished the role of a finisher in one-dayers but given a chance, Suresh Raina won`t mind batting higher up the order as he believes it would give him a chance to plan his innings better and make a comeback in the Indian Test fold.
England wicket keeper Jos Buttler has said he would stay good friends with teammate Craig Kieswetter, whom he replaced in the one-day squad against India.
India batsman Virat Kohli has warned England players that the fabulous views of the mountains from the ground in Dharamsala can be a distraction for the first timers ahead of their final one-day international on Sunday.
The fifth and final cricket one-dayer between India and England here tomorrow will start half-an-hour later than the scheduled start due to inclement weather conditions in the hill town, the BCCI announced on Saturday.
Ahead of their fifth one day international (ODI) match against India, players of the touring England cricket team visited Tsuglagkhang, a Buddhist monastery here on Friday.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- UP Polls: Bookies, gamblers bet huge on BJP's win after PM ups the ante
- BJP comes to power in Pune corporation for first time, dislodges NCP