SP leader shot dead in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Samajwadi Party national executive member Chaman Bhati was shot dead by assailants in Dabra village here, triggering protests by villagers who demanded arrest of the killers.
The assailants scaled the boundary wall of the house of 35-year-old Bhati, yesterday and shot him dead. The attack came on a day when the two gunners provided for his security were on leave, police said on Thursday.
Bhati, who was earlier in the property business, was provided with gunners due to a threat to his life.
SP (rural) Brijesh Kumar Singh reached the site and pacified the villagers, who were not allowing the body to be taken for post-mortem.
The villagers were demanding arrest of the killers.
Last year, Bhati`s brother-in-law was shot dead by assailants. Village Pardhan Billoo Singh and his son Billoo Singh were made accused in the case.
Bhati`s family members had then told police that Singh had actually come to kill Bhati but accidentally killed his brother-in-law.
Police suspect that old enmity was the cause of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely