SP leader shot dead in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Samajwadi Party national executive member Chaman Bhati was shot dead by assailants in Dabra village here, triggering protests by villagers who demanded arrest of the killers.
The assailants scaled the boundary wall of the house of 35-year-old Bhati, yesterday and shot him dead. The attack came on a day when the two gunners provided for his security were on leave, police said on Thursday.
Bhati, who was earlier in the property business, was provided with gunners due to a threat to his life.
SP (rural) Brijesh Kumar Singh reached the site and pacified the villagers, who were not allowing the body to be taken for post-mortem.
The villagers were demanding arrest of the killers.
Last year, Bhati`s brother-in-law was shot dead by assailants. Village Pardhan Billoo Singh and his son Billoo Singh were made accused in the case.
Bhati`s family members had then told police that Singh had actually come to kill Bhati but accidentally killed his brother-in-law.
Police suspect that old enmity was the cause of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok