SP leader shot dead in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: Samajwadi Party national executive member Chaman Bhati was shot dead by assailants in Dabra village here, triggering protests by villagers who demanded arrest of the killers.
The assailants scaled the boundary wall of the house of 35-year-old Bhati, yesterday and shot him dead. The attack came on a day when the two gunners provided for his security were on leave, police said on Thursday.
Bhati, who was earlier in the property business, was provided with gunners due to a threat to his life.
SP (rural) Brijesh Kumar Singh reached the site and pacified the villagers, who were not allowing the body to be taken for post-mortem.
The villagers were demanding arrest of the killers.
Last year, Bhati`s brother-in-law was shot dead by assailants. Village Pardhan Billoo Singh and his son Billoo Singh were made accused in the case.
Bhati`s family members had then told police that Singh had actually come to kill Bhati but accidentally killed his brother-in-law.
Police suspect that old enmity was the cause of the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB