Supplementary budget presented in UP Assembly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav presented the second supplementary budget of 2013-14 worth Rs 3,619.76 crores in the Assembly on Monday.
The government has made a provision of Rs 20 crores in the budget for starting the Lucknow metro project.
The government has also allocated Rs 90 crores for reimbursing the amount taken from emergency fund for rehabilitation of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli riot victims and Rs 126 crores for repaying the exempted society commission of Sahkari Ganna Samitis.
An amount of Rs 218 crores have been earmarked for state disaster relief fund, Rs 100 crores for farmers insurance scheme, Rs 900 crores for the Rajiv Gandhi rural electrification scheme, Rs 450 crores for land acquisition and construction for the Agra-Lucknow expressway and Rs 200 crores for Ram Manohar Lohia Gram Vikas scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption