Supplementary budget presented in UP Assembly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav presented the second supplementary budget of 2013-14 worth Rs 3,619.76 crores in the Assembly on Monday.
The government has made a provision of Rs 20 crores in the budget for starting the Lucknow metro project.
The government has also allocated Rs 90 crores for reimbursing the amount taken from emergency fund for rehabilitation of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli riot victims and Rs 126 crores for repaying the exempted society commission of Sahkari Ganna Samitis.
An amount of Rs 218 crores have been earmarked for state disaster relief fund, Rs 100 crores for farmers insurance scheme, Rs 900 crores for the Rajiv Gandhi rural electrification scheme, Rs 450 crores for land acquisition and construction for the Agra-Lucknow expressway and Rs 200 crores for Ram Manohar Lohia Gram Vikas scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir