Three Ashtadhatu idols stolen in UP
Ballia (UP): Three ashtadhatu (mixed metal) idols of Ram, Laxman and Sita worth crores of rupees were stolen from Thakurbari temple in Rampur village here, police said on Wednesday.
Three thieves broke into the temple late last night and thrashed priest Raghuwar Das and fled with the three ashtadhatu idols weighing over one quintal, they said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know