Three Ashtadhatu idols stolen in UP
Ballia (UP): Three ashtadhatu (mixed metal) idols of Ram, Laxman and Sita worth crores of rupees were stolen from Thakurbari temple in Rampur village here, police said on Wednesday.
Three thieves broke into the temple late last night and thrashed priest Raghuwar Das and fled with the three ashtadhatu idols weighing over one quintal, they said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill