Three Ashtadhatu idols stolen in UP
Ballia (UP): Three ashtadhatu (mixed metal) idols of Ram, Laxman and Sita worth crores of rupees were stolen from Thakurbari temple in Rampur village here, police said on Wednesday.
Three thieves broke into the temple late last night and thrashed priest Raghuwar Das and fled with the three ashtadhatu idols weighing over one quintal, they said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra