Three Ashtadhatu idols stolen in UP
Ballia (UP): Three ashtadhatu (mixed metal) idols of Ram, Laxman and Sita worth crores of rupees were stolen from Thakurbari temple in Rampur village here, police said on Wednesday.
Three thieves broke into the temple late last night and thrashed priest Raghuwar Das and fled with the three ashtadhatu idols weighing over one quintal, they said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!