Three commit suicides in separate incidents in Kanpur
Kanpur: In a string of suicides, three people, including a BA student, have allegedly taken their own lives in different parts of the city.
According to the police, the first incident took place at a hotel near the clock-tower where medical representative Ajay Singh (35) was staying.
Singh hung himself yesterday prima facie due to family related tensions.
The second incident was reported near Anwarganj where a driver, Bindeshwari Awasthi (28), took his life by consuming poison over a prolonged marital discord.
The last of the three incidents was reported from Naubasta locality where a BA second year student, Neelam (22), allegedly consumed poison after a dispute with her sister-in-law.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and investigations initiated in the cases, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog