Three commit suicides in separate incidents in Kanpur
Kanpur: In a string of suicides, three people, including a BA student, have allegedly taken their own lives in different parts of the city.
According to the police, the first incident took place at a hotel near the clock-tower where medical representative Ajay Singh (35) was staying.
Singh hung himself yesterday prima facie due to family related tensions.
The second incident was reported near Anwarganj where a driver, Bindeshwari Awasthi (28), took his life by consuming poison over a prolonged marital discord.
The last of the three incidents was reported from Naubasta locality where a BA second year student, Neelam (22), allegedly consumed poison after a dispute with her sister-in-law.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and investigations initiated in the cases, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli