Three more deaths in UP despite slight ease in cold
Lucknow: Despite slight respite from the intense cold as temperatures rose by a few notches, the number of deaths due to the harsh weather rose to 265 in Uttar Pradesh as three more deaths were reported in last 24 hours.
One person each was reported to have died due to intense cold in Gonda, Hamirpur and Ghaziabad.
Though nights have been warmer in the last few days, the weather has become drier due to fall in humidity.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 4.6 degrees Celsius recorded at Gorakhpur.
According to the meteorological office the weather would remain dry over the state in the next 24 hours, with the presence of mist in few areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister