Three more deaths in UP despite slight ease in cold
Lucknow: Despite slight respite from the intense cold as temperatures rose by a few notches, the number of deaths due to the harsh weather rose to 265 in Uttar Pradesh as three more deaths were reported in last 24 hours.
One person each was reported to have died due to intense cold in Gonda, Hamirpur and Ghaziabad.
Though nights have been warmer in the last few days, the weather has become drier due to fall in humidity.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 4.6 degrees Celsius recorded at Gorakhpur.
According to the meteorological office the weather would remain dry over the state in the next 24 hours, with the presence of mist in few areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31