Three youngsters shot dead in Meerut
Meerut: Three youths on a motorcycle were shot dead by car-borne assailants here on Thursday possibly as a result of gang rivalry, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Bhura alias Satyaveer (35), Raju alias Rajender (25) and Sandeep (25) -- all natives of Karnawal village, SSP K Satyanarayan said.
He said, the three belonged to the Udham Singh gang and were murdered by members of the rival Yogesh Bhadora gang.
Irate villagers gheraoed the police station as well as police officials who reached the spot following the incident.
Raju was a sharp-shooter and had several criminal cases registered against him, he said, adding, the three were returning from Baghpat after a court hearing when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming