Three youngsters shot dead in Meerut
Meerut: Three youths on a motorcycle were shot dead by car-borne assailants here on Thursday possibly as a result of gang rivalry, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Bhura alias Satyaveer (35), Raju alias Rajender (25) and Sandeep (25) -- all natives of Karnawal village, SSP K Satyanarayan said.
He said, the three belonged to the Udham Singh gang and were murdered by members of the rival Yogesh Bhadora gang.
Irate villagers gheraoed the police station as well as police officials who reached the spot following the incident.
Raju was a sharp-shooter and had several criminal cases registered against him, he said, adding, the three were returning from Baghpat after a court hearing when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter