Three youngsters shot dead in Meerut
Meerut: Three youths on a motorcycle were shot dead by car-borne assailants here on Thursday possibly as a result of gang rivalry, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Bhura alias Satyaveer (35), Raju alias Rajender (25) and Sandeep (25) -- all natives of Karnawal village, SSP K Satyanarayan said.
He said, the three belonged to the Udham Singh gang and were murdered by members of the rival Yogesh Bhadora gang.
Irate villagers gheraoed the police station as well as police officials who reached the spot following the incident.
Raju was a sharp-shooter and had several criminal cases registered against him, he said, adding, the three were returning from Baghpat after a court hearing when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional