Tight police vigil in Kawal Nagar village
Muzaffarnagar: Police are keeping a close watch in the violence-hit Kawal Nagar village of the district as the area continued to remain tense for the fourth day on Friday
Patrolling continued in the violence-affected Kawal Village on Friday, police said.
No untoward incident was reported in the village, which remained peaceful but tense, they said.
On Thursday, paramilitary forces were deployed here after a religious place was allegedly damaged by some unidentified men.
Arun Kumar, ADGP (law and order) visited the village yesterday and issued directions to police for necessary steps to be taken.
Muzaffarnagar SSP Manjil Saini has been transferred from the district and attached to the DG headquarters.
The trouble started on Tuesday after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes.
While a man named Qureshi was allegedly stabbed to death by one Gaurav and his friend Sachin (25). Hearing his cries, locals rushed to the spot and beat the duo to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha