Tight police vigil in Kawal Nagar village
Muzaffarnagar: Police are keeping a close watch in the violence-hit Kawal Nagar village of the district as the area continued to remain tense for the fourth day on Friday
Patrolling continued in the violence-affected Kawal Village on Friday, police said.
No untoward incident was reported in the village, which remained peaceful but tense, they said.
On Thursday, paramilitary forces were deployed here after a religious place was allegedly damaged by some unidentified men.
Arun Kumar, ADGP (law and order) visited the village yesterday and issued directions to police for necessary steps to be taken.
Muzaffarnagar SSP Manjil Saini has been transferred from the district and attached to the DG headquarters.
The trouble started on Tuesday after three persons were killed in a minor dispute following the collision of two motorbikes.
While a man named Qureshi was allegedly stabbed to death by one Gaurav and his friend Sachin (25). Hearing his cries, locals rushed to the spot and beat the duo to death.
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels