Tripura curriculum to help check crime against women
Agartala: Tripura will incorporate issues like crime against women and domestic violence in the school curriculum to sensitise students towards such evils, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said here on Monday.
"Students` mind must be understandable at the beginning... about the cruelty against women, domestic violence and other social immorality. For this purpose, these issues would be suitably incorporated in the school curriculum," Sarkar told a voluntary blood donation camp in a school.
The proposed curriculum would help develop understanding between boys and girls, the chief minister said.
Terming the Delhi rape incidents as "most shameful and barbaric", Sarkar said such crimes must be stopped.
Sarkar urged the school authorities and all concerned to organise voluntary blood donation camps to help the critical patients and make the students more responsive towards societies.
For the past many years, Tripura has remained as the frontal state in the country in voluntary blood donation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi