Tuition teacher burns 7-year-old student using hot tongs in UP
Kanpur: A woman teacher was arrested for burning a nursery student using hot tongs for wetting his trousers while he was taking tuitions at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The parents of the seven-year old boy reported the matter to Nazirabad Police station here yesterday, and a case under section 307 (Attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against the tuition teacher and her mother, following which they were arrested.
Police spokesperson said the seven-year old boy, a nursery student used to go for tuitions classes in Ashok Nagar area.
According to an FIR, yesterday during the tuition class, the child wet his trousers on the bed, angered over the incident, the tuition teacher held the child with force while her mother burnt the child using hot tongs.
The child suffered burns on his face, stomach, limbs and some other vital parts, police said.
The child was first admitted to a private hospital for medical treatment. But for medical examination he was sent to a government hospital where 17 burn marks were discovered on his body during the investigations.
The accused is a private school teacher while her mother is class four employee in a state government agency, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference