Two killed in Shivaratri stampede in UP temple
Barabanki: At least two devotees were on Sunday killed and 10 others injured when a stampede broke out in a Shiva temple on the occasion of Shivaratri here.
The incident occurred this morning when `kanwarias` (devotees of Lord Shiva) broke through the queue of devotees to offer water at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple. This led to a stampede that left two persons dead, police said.
Ten people were injured in the incident and admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui