Two killed in Shivaratri stampede in UP temple
Barabanki: At least two devotees were on Sunday killed and 10 others injured when a stampede broke out in a Shiva temple on the occasion of Shivaratri here.
The incident occurred this morning when `kanwarias` (devotees of Lord Shiva) broke through the queue of devotees to offer water at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple. This led to a stampede that left two persons dead, police said.
Ten people were injured in the incident and admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!