Two youths commit suicide after failing in Class 10 exam
Mathura: Two youths allegedly committed suicide here after failing in their UP board class X examination, police said on Monday.
In the first incident, unable to clear his Class tenth exam for the seventh time this year, Prahlad Singh (22) hanged himself at his house last night, they said.
"His result was declared on Saturday, after which his family scolded him last night. Upset over the criticism, Prahald took the extreme step," police added.
In the second incident, 18-year-old Gaurav, a resident of Hansraj Colony here, jumped in front of a moving train near the Delhi-Agra highway yesterday after he failed to clear the high school Uttar Pradesh Board exam, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?