Two youths commit suicide after failing in Class 10 exam
Mathura: Two youths allegedly committed suicide here after failing in their UP board class X examination, police said on Monday.
In the first incident, unable to clear his Class tenth exam for the seventh time this year, Prahlad Singh (22) hanged himself at his house last night, they said.
"His result was declared on Saturday, after which his family scolded him last night. Upset over the criticism, Prahald took the extreme step," police added.
In the second incident, 18-year-old Gaurav, a resident of Hansraj Colony here, jumped in front of a moving train near the Delhi-Agra highway yesterday after he failed to clear the high school Uttar Pradesh Board exam, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate