UP: 15 ex-BSP ministers under Lokayukta scanner
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta NK Mehrotra on Saturday accused politicians, contractors and engineers of siphoning off funds allotted under JNNURM and said a probe was on into charges of corruption against 15 former ministers in Mayawati government and 37 ex-MLAs in this and several other schemes.
"Investigation into charges of corruption is underway against 15 former ministers and 37 ex-MLAs during BSP rule in JNNURM and other schemes," Mehrotra told reporters here.
"Maximum numbers of complaints are against former minister Nasimuddin Siddiqui, mostly related to amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income," he said.
Alleging that since funds allotted by the Centre under JNNURM have been swindled by politicians, contractors and engineers in UP, the amount required for road maintenance should either be charged from those who swindled the funds or the state government should bear the costs.
During the previous BSP rule in UP, no complaint in this regard was made against the state urban development minister, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends