UP: 15 ex-BSP ministers under Lokayukta scanner
Varanasi: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta NK Mehrotra on Saturday accused politicians, contractors and engineers of siphoning off funds allotted under JNNURM and said a probe was on into charges of corruption against 15 former ministers in Mayawati government and 37 ex-MLAs in this and several other schemes.
"Investigation into charges of corruption is underway against 15 former ministers and 37 ex-MLAs during BSP rule in JNNURM and other schemes," Mehrotra told reporters here.
"Maximum numbers of complaints are against former minister Nasimuddin Siddiqui, mostly related to amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income," he said.
Alleging that since funds allotted by the Centre under JNNURM have been swindled by politicians, contractors and engineers in UP, the amount required for road maintenance should either be charged from those who swindled the funds or the state government should bear the costs.
During the previous BSP rule in UP, no complaint in this regard was made against the state urban development minister, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi