UP: 19 children injured as bus overturns
Ballia: As many as 19 children were injured when their school bus overturned and fell into a roadside ditch here Friday, police said.
The children, in the age group of 10 to 14 years, were on their way back home from school when one of the tyres of their bus got punctured and it overturned into a ditch on the Ballia-Mau road in Rasra area of the district, they said.
While five of the seriously injured were referred to the district hospital, the remaining were admitted to a local community health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption