UP: 19 children injured as bus overturns
Ballia: As many as 19 children were injured when their school bus overturned and fell into a roadside ditch here Friday, police said.
The children, in the age group of 10 to 14 years, were on their way back home from school when one of the tyres of their bus got punctured and it overturned into a ditch on the Ballia-Mau road in Rasra area of the district, they said.
While five of the seriously injured were referred to the district hospital, the remaining were admitted to a local community health centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...