UP bank official kills wife, daughter
Lucknow: A depressed senior bank official shot dead his wife and daughter and critically injured his young son and himself here on Monday, police said.
Surendra Singh, 55, a senior official with the Punjab National Bank (PNB) here, first shot his wife Anamika, 50, with his .32 bore licensed-revolver at around 9 am killing her instantly at their sector 5, Vikas Nagar residence, police said.
He then shot his 27-year-old daughter Niharika in the temple and as his 23-year-old son Nishant came to her rescue he shot at him before turning the gun on himself.
Nishant, who returned home recently after completing his engineering studies from Pune, was shot in the head but managed to dial 100 and inform the police.
The police rushed the profusely bleeding four to the trauma centre where Anamika was declared dead on arrival.
Niharika battled for life for a while but succumbed to her injuries, doctors said. Singh`s condition is said to be extremely critical and doctors say his chances of survival were grim.
Nishant may, however, survive, doctors said.
Police have since sealed the house and seized the revolver used in the crime. PNB officials say Surendra Singh was feeling depressed for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state