UP Cabinet approves new food processing policy
Lucknow: With an aim to boost investments in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday approved implementation of the new Food Processing Industrial Policy 2012.
In the Cabinet meeting, presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, it was decided to implement the new food processing industrial policy, official sources said.
The Cabinet also gave consent to set up a swimming pool in the international sports complex in Saifai, the native village of chief minister in Etawah.
Further, the cabinet gave approval to create a revolving fund of Rs 30 lakhs to provide medical treatment to employees and former employees of Vidhan Sabha Secretariat in the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
With a view to help poor students, the Cabinet also approved compensation of fees for them in private schools in the state.
Besides, it approved changes in the guidelines of MLAs` local area development fund, making provision for extending help to the tune of Rs 25 lakhs for medical treatment to victims of accidents, fire incidents or critical ailment, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter