UP Cabinet approves new food processing policy
Lucknow: With an aim to boost investments in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday approved implementation of the new Food Processing Industrial Policy 2012.
In the Cabinet meeting, presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, it was decided to implement the new food processing industrial policy, official sources said.
The Cabinet also gave consent to set up a swimming pool in the international sports complex in Saifai, the native village of chief minister in Etawah.
Further, the cabinet gave approval to create a revolving fund of Rs 30 lakhs to provide medical treatment to employees and former employees of Vidhan Sabha Secretariat in the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
With a view to help poor students, the Cabinet also approved compensation of fees for them in private schools in the state.
Besides, it approved changes in the guidelines of MLAs` local area development fund, making provision for extending help to the tune of Rs 25 lakhs for medical treatment to victims of accidents, fire incidents or critical ailment, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar