UP Cabinet approves new food processing policy
Lucknow: With an aim to boost investments in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday approved implementation of the new Food Processing Industrial Policy 2012.
In the Cabinet meeting, presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, it was decided to implement the new food processing industrial policy, official sources said.
The Cabinet also gave consent to set up a swimming pool in the international sports complex in Saifai, the native village of chief minister in Etawah.
Further, the cabinet gave approval to create a revolving fund of Rs 30 lakhs to provide medical treatment to employees and former employees of Vidhan Sabha Secretariat in the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
With a view to help poor students, the Cabinet also approved compensation of fees for them in private schools in the state.
Besides, it approved changes in the guidelines of MLAs` local area development fund, making provision for extending help to the tune of Rs 25 lakhs for medical treatment to victims of accidents, fire incidents or critical ailment, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa