UP Cabinet approves new food processing policy
Lucknow: With an aim to boost investments in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday approved implementation of the new Food Processing Industrial Policy 2012.
In the Cabinet meeting, presided by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, it was decided to implement the new food processing industrial policy, official sources said.
The Cabinet also gave consent to set up a swimming pool in the international sports complex in Saifai, the native village of chief minister in Etawah.
Further, the cabinet gave approval to create a revolving fund of Rs 30 lakhs to provide medical treatment to employees and former employees of Vidhan Sabha Secretariat in the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
With a view to help poor students, the Cabinet also approved compensation of fees for them in private schools in the state.
Besides, it approved changes in the guidelines of MLAs` local area development fund, making provision for extending help to the tune of Rs 25 lakhs for medical treatment to victims of accidents, fire incidents or critical ailment, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted