UP CM warns of strict action against those inciting violence
Lucknow: Promising strict action against those trying to vitiate law and order in Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said the guilty would not be spared.
"Strict action will be taken against those trying to vitiate law and order in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas. The guilty will not be spared. However, we will ensure that injustice is not meted out to innocents," Yadav said.
The chief minister said the DGP was keeping an eye on the situation in Muzaffarnagar.
"Injustice will not be done with anyone there... Action would be taken in both the incidents that took place in Muzaffarnagar," Yadav said.
He was talking to reporters at his residence after inaugurating several schemes worth Rs 2,318 crore of Mandi Parishad.
When asked about Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s statement that some riot victims from Muzaffarnagar were in touch with Pakistani intelligence agency, Yadav avoided the question saying, "Bade neta hain, badi baat kehte hain" (he (Rahul) is a big leader, and talks big).
Taking potshots at former chief minister Mayawati, Yadav said that in the previous BSP regime goats were distributed under Bundelkhand package, but upon verification it was not found anywhere.
On Congress`s allegations that UP government was not willing to implement Food Security Act, Yadav said that the party was misleading people as the scheme had to be implemented from July next year.
When asked that some beneficiaries of free laptop schemes have given online advertisements to sell them, Yadav said that whoever sold laptops would be identified by the laptop number.
"However, no action will be taken against them... There are loopholes in every scheme," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year