UP couple murdered in suspected dishonour killing case
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 25-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by her father and four other family members in the Budhana tehsil in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, who had an affair with a middle aged man, was strangled to death by her father Nepal Singh and four of her relatives- Karamvir, Bijender, Sonu and Ashu last evening, Superintendent of Police (Crime) Kalpana Saxena said here.
Later, the enraged family members also attacked the girl`s lover Manchand (55) with sharp weapons, leading to severe injuries to him.
The victim succumbed while being taken to hospital, Saxena said.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered against the accused while further probes are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security
- Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe renew rivalry as Laver Cup captains
- Mamata Banerjee warns Gorkha Janmukti Morcha against violence
- Powerful quake hits Myanmar, damaging famed Bagan temples; tremors felt in India
- FIFA panel opens probes into South Africa match-fixing cases