UP couple murdered in suspected dishonour killing case
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 25-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by her father and four other family members in the Budhana tehsil in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, who had an affair with a middle aged man, was strangled to death by her father Nepal Singh and four of her relatives- Karamvir, Bijender, Sonu and Ashu last evening, Superintendent of Police (Crime) Kalpana Saxena said here.
Later, the enraged family members also attacked the girl`s lover Manchand (55) with sharp weapons, leading to severe injuries to him.
The victim succumbed while being taken to hospital, Saxena said.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered against the accused while further probes are on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey