UP: Dalit woman gangraped, murdered
Muzaffarnagar: A 27-year-old Dalit woman was
allegedly gangraped and strangled to death by unidentified persons in Walipur village of the district, triggering protests by locals in the area.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim, Mamta, had gone to collect wood and did not return. Her body wasm later found in a field close to her village, police said Monday.
Following the incident, irate villagers blocked the
Delhi-Pauri Highway and pelted stones on vehicles.
The crowd was soon brought under control and the body was
sent for postmortem, said officials, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack