UP: Dalit woman gangraped, murdered
Muzaffarnagar: A 27-year-old Dalit woman was
allegedly gangraped and strangled to death by unidentified persons in Walipur village of the district, triggering protests by locals in the area.
The incident took place yesterday when the victim, Mamta, had gone to collect wood and did not return. Her body wasm later found in a field close to her village, police said Monday.
Following the incident, irate villagers blocked the
Delhi-Pauri Highway and pelted stones on vehicles.
The crowd was soon brought under control and the body was
sent for postmortem, said officials, adding no arrests have
been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash