UP districts falling on Indo-Nepal border put on alert
Lucknow: In view of increased activities of naxalites in neighbouring Nepal, police in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh falling on Indo-Nepal border have been directed to maintain a vigil.
UP DGP has asked the police in Pilibhit, Kheri, Bahraich, Balrampur, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar and Maharajganj to be on alert to avert any untoward incident, according to a statement of the DGP headquarters.
According to reports, on February 26, a pressure cooker bomb, weighing around five kg, was recovered from Kailali district of Nepal.
Reports said that the bomb disposal squad had diffused the bomb recovered in Jai village Matiyari road under Dhangadhi area of the country.
In the pamphlets recovered near the bomb, CPN-Maoist had taken the responsibility for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!