UP districts falling on Indo-Nepal border put on alert
Lucknow: In view of increased activities of naxalites in neighbouring Nepal, police in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh falling on Indo-Nepal border have been directed to maintain a vigil.
UP DGP has asked the police in Pilibhit, Kheri, Bahraich, Balrampur, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar and Maharajganj to be on alert to avert any untoward incident, according to a statement of the DGP headquarters.
According to reports, on February 26, a pressure cooker bomb, weighing around five kg, was recovered from Kailali district of Nepal.
Reports said that the bomb disposal squad had diffused the bomb recovered in Jai village Matiyari road under Dhangadhi area of the country.
In the pamphlets recovered near the bomb, CPN-Maoist had taken the responsibility for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Woman dies under mysterious circumstances in west Delhi
- Roopanwal commission submits report on Rohith Vemula suicide
- Delhi Home Min to attend Mother Teresa's sainthood ceremony in Vatican
- Arun Jaitley not to attend SAARC meet in Pakistan: Report
- Centre okays NIA probe into cases of missing from Kerala