UP districts falling on Indo-Nepal border put on alert
Lucknow: In view of increased activities of naxalites in neighbouring Nepal, police in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh falling on Indo-Nepal border have been directed to maintain a vigil.
UP DGP has asked the police in Pilibhit, Kheri, Bahraich, Balrampur, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar and Maharajganj to be on alert to avert any untoward incident, according to a statement of the DGP headquarters.
According to reports, on February 26, a pressure cooker bomb, weighing around five kg, was recovered from Kailali district of Nepal.
Reports said that the bomb disposal squad had diffused the bomb recovered in Jai village Matiyari road under Dhangadhi area of the country.
In the pamphlets recovered near the bomb, CPN-Maoist had taken the responsibility for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi