UP districts falling on Indo-Nepal border put on alert
Lucknow: In view of increased activities of naxalites in neighbouring Nepal, police in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh falling on Indo-Nepal border have been directed to maintain a vigil.
UP DGP has asked the police in Pilibhit, Kheri, Bahraich, Balrampur, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar and Maharajganj to be on alert to avert any untoward incident, according to a statement of the DGP headquarters.
According to reports, on February 26, a pressure cooker bomb, weighing around five kg, was recovered from Kailali district of Nepal.
Reports said that the bomb disposal squad had diffused the bomb recovered in Jai village Matiyari road under Dhangadhi area of the country.
In the pamphlets recovered near the bomb, CPN-Maoist had taken the responsibility for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Sprinter Dutee Chand shatters own national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics
- One in seven women in Bengaluru garment factories faces sexual violence: Report