UP districts falling on Indo-Nepal border put on alert
Lucknow: In view of increased activities of naxalites in neighbouring Nepal, police in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh falling on Indo-Nepal border have been directed to maintain a vigil.
UP DGP has asked the police in Pilibhit, Kheri, Bahraich, Balrampur, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar and Maharajganj to be on alert to avert any untoward incident, according to a statement of the DGP headquarters.
According to reports, on February 26, a pressure cooker bomb, weighing around five kg, was recovered from Kailali district of Nepal.
Reports said that the bomb disposal squad had diffused the bomb recovered in Jai village Matiyari road under Dhangadhi area of the country.
In the pamphlets recovered near the bomb, CPN-Maoist had taken the responsibility for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player