UP: Family of three jump in front of moving train, girl dies
Chandauli (UP): A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother and brother received injuries when they jumped in front of a moving train in a bid to commit suicide, police said here on Tuesday.
Family discord was believed to be the reason behind the three taking the extreme step, they said adding the incident happened near Hathiani village here yesterday.
Gayatri Devi, aged 45, jumped before the oncoming train along with her 13-year-old son Ritesh and daughter Kavita, police said.
Kavita was killed, Gayatri suffered head injuries and Ritesh lost his wrist, they said.
The mother and her son were admitted to hospital, police said.
Gayatri was allegedly beaten up her husband`s brother before she leapt before the moving train along with her daughter and son, they said.
An FIR had been registered in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’