UP: Family of three jump in front of moving train, girl dies
Chandauli (UP): A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother and brother received injuries when they jumped in front of a moving train in a bid to commit suicide, police said here on Tuesday.
Family discord was believed to be the reason behind the three taking the extreme step, they said adding the incident happened near Hathiani village here yesterday.
Gayatri Devi, aged 45, jumped before the oncoming train along with her 13-year-old son Ritesh and daughter Kavita, police said.
Kavita was killed, Gayatri suffered head injuries and Ritesh lost his wrist, they said.
The mother and her son were admitted to hospital, police said.
Gayatri was allegedly beaten up her husband`s brother before she leapt before the moving train along with her daughter and son, they said.
An FIR had been registered in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday