UP: Family of three jump in front of moving train, girl dies
Chandauli (UP): A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother and brother received injuries when they jumped in front of a moving train in a bid to commit suicide, police said here on Tuesday.
Family discord was believed to be the reason behind the three taking the extreme step, they said adding the incident happened near Hathiani village here yesterday.
Gayatri Devi, aged 45, jumped before the oncoming train along with her 13-year-old son Ritesh and daughter Kavita, police said.
Kavita was killed, Gayatri suffered head injuries and Ritesh lost his wrist, they said.
The mother and her son were admitted to hospital, police said.
Gayatri was allegedly beaten up her husband`s brother before she leapt before the moving train along with her daughter and son, they said.
An FIR had been registered in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam