UP: Family of three jump in front of moving train, girl dies
Chandauli (UP): A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother and brother received injuries when they jumped in front of a moving train in a bid to commit suicide, police said here on Tuesday.
Family discord was believed to be the reason behind the three taking the extreme step, they said adding the incident happened near Hathiani village here yesterday.
Gayatri Devi, aged 45, jumped before the oncoming train along with her 13-year-old son Ritesh and daughter Kavita, police said.
Kavita was killed, Gayatri suffered head injuries and Ritesh lost his wrist, they said.
The mother and her son were admitted to hospital, police said.
Gayatri was allegedly beaten up her husband`s brother before she leapt before the moving train along with her daughter and son, they said.
An FIR had been registered in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway