UP: Four arrested for circulating fake currency
Lucknow: Four persons were arrested for allegedly circulating fake currency notes in Bijnor and Chandauli district, police said on Sunday.
Jamshed Khan was today arrested with fake currency notes worth Rs 4.5 lakhs from Mugalsarai railway station in Chandauli district, they said.
Meanwhile, in Bijnor, Rizwan, Shariq and Ayaaz all residents of Hapur were arrested from roadways bus station in Dhampur area when they were trying to circulate fake notes yesterday, they said.
The police recovered 21 fake notes with a face value of Rs 500 each from their possession, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert