UP: Four arrested for circulating fake currency
Lucknow: Four persons were arrested for allegedly circulating fake currency notes in Bijnor and Chandauli district, police said on Sunday.
Jamshed Khan was today arrested with fake currency notes worth Rs 4.5 lakhs from Mugalsarai railway station in Chandauli district, they said.
Meanwhile, in Bijnor, Rizwan, Shariq and Ayaaz all residents of Hapur were arrested from roadways bus station in Dhampur area when they were trying to circulate fake notes yesterday, they said.
The police recovered 21 fake notes with a face value of Rs 500 each from their possession, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security