UP: Four arrested for circulating fake currency
Lucknow: Four persons were arrested for allegedly circulating fake currency notes in Bijnor and Chandauli district, police said on Sunday.
Jamshed Khan was today arrested with fake currency notes worth Rs 4.5 lakhs from Mugalsarai railway station in Chandauli district, they said.
Meanwhile, in Bijnor, Rizwan, Shariq and Ayaaz all residents of Hapur were arrested from roadways bus station in Dhampur area when they were trying to circulate fake notes yesterday, they said.
The police recovered 21 fake notes with a face value of Rs 500 each from their possession, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference