UP gang-rape victim attempts suicide, critical
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old gang-rape victim was critically injured when she allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train in Shamli district here, police said Tuesday.
The girl, a Dalit, jumped in front of the moving train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near the Alem railway station yesterday, police said.
She has been shifted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they added.
The girl was allegedly gangraped by two youths-- Kallu and Rajkumar-- at Bharsi village under the Kandhla police station in Shamli district on February 17.
The accused are absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!