UP gang-rape victim attempts suicide, critical
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old gang-rape victim was critically injured when she allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train in Shamli district here, police said Tuesday.
The girl, a Dalit, jumped in front of the moving train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near the Alem railway station yesterday, police said.
She has been shifted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they added.
The girl was allegedly gangraped by two youths-- Kallu and Rajkumar-- at Bharsi village under the Kandhla police station in Shamli district on February 17.
The accused are absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason