UP gang-rape victim attempts suicide, critical
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old gang-rape victim was critically injured when she allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train in Shamli district here, police said Tuesday.
The girl, a Dalit, jumped in front of the moving train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near the Alem railway station yesterday, police said.
She has been shifted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they added.
The girl was allegedly gangraped by two youths-- Kallu and Rajkumar-- at Bharsi village under the Kandhla police station in Shamli district on February 17.
The accused are absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran
- Nitin Gadkari-led BJP delegation meets President Pranab Mukhrejee over Kerala violence