UP gang-rape victim attempts suicide, critical
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old gang-rape victim was critically injured when she allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train in Shamli district here, police said Tuesday.
The girl, a Dalit, jumped in front of the moving train on the Delhi-Saharanpur railway line near the Alem railway station yesterday, police said.
She has been shifted to Meerut Medical College in a serious condition, they added.
The girl was allegedly gangraped by two youths-- Kallu and Rajkumar-- at Bharsi village under the Kandhla police station in Shamli district on February 17.
The accused are absconding after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday