UP Home holds talk with DoPT on CBI probe for Badaun case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Home Department today held a high-level talk with the DoPT secretary on the issue of CBI probe into the alleged gangrape and murder of two teenage girls in Badaun district.
"In Badaun incident, the family members are demanding a CBI inquiry. Today I talked to secretary DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training) and have got a positive response. We have already written a letter recommending probe," UP Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singh Singhal said.
"Processing of government work takes some time. I suppose that some decision may be taken by today evening," Singhal said on the sidelines of a meeting called by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today.
Singhal said that by evening several things would come to light which were not visible till now.
"It is possible that several things which are visible till now, will no longer be there in this case", he said, pointing that some new angle might emerge in the Badaun rape probe.
Bodies of two teenage girls aged 14 and 15, who went out of their house on May 27, were found hanging with a tree next morning in Ushait area in Badaun district.
The postmortem report confirmed that the two girls were raped and later hanged. The state government has recommended a CBI probe into the incident.
Giving a fresh twist to the case Director General of Police A L Banerjee had on Saturday said that property could be a motive behind the murder.
Agitated with Banerjee`s statement the family members of the two victim started a dharna yesterday, which ended late night after the officers showed them the letter relating to recommendation of CBI inquiry by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah