UP Home holds talk with DoPT on CBI probe for Badaun case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Home Department today held a high-level talk with the DoPT secretary on the issue of CBI probe into the alleged gangrape and murder of two teenage girls in Badaun district.
"In Badaun incident, the family members are demanding a CBI inquiry. Today I talked to secretary DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training) and have got a positive response. We have already written a letter recommending probe," UP Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singh Singhal said.
"Processing of government work takes some time. I suppose that some decision may be taken by today evening," Singhal said on the sidelines of a meeting called by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today.
Singhal said that by evening several things would come to light which were not visible till now.
"It is possible that several things which are visible till now, will no longer be there in this case", he said, pointing that some new angle might emerge in the Badaun rape probe.
Bodies of two teenage girls aged 14 and 15, who went out of their house on May 27, were found hanging with a tree next morning in Ushait area in Badaun district.
The postmortem report confirmed that the two girls were raped and later hanged. The state government has recommended a CBI probe into the incident.
Giving a fresh twist to the case Director General of Police A L Banerjee had on Saturday said that property could be a motive behind the murder.
Agitated with Banerjee`s statement the family members of the two victim started a dharna yesterday, which ended late night after the officers showed them the letter relating to recommendation of CBI inquiry by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31