UP Home holds talk with DoPT on CBI probe for Badaun case
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Home Department today held a high-level talk with the DoPT secretary on the issue of CBI probe into the alleged gangrape and murder of two teenage girls in Badaun district.
"In Badaun incident, the family members are demanding a CBI inquiry. Today I talked to secretary DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training) and have got a positive response. We have already written a letter recommending probe," UP Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singh Singhal said.
"Processing of government work takes some time. I suppose that some decision may be taken by today evening," Singhal said on the sidelines of a meeting called by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today.
Singhal said that by evening several things would come to light which were not visible till now.
"It is possible that several things which are visible till now, will no longer be there in this case", he said, pointing that some new angle might emerge in the Badaun rape probe.
Bodies of two teenage girls aged 14 and 15, who went out of their house on May 27, were found hanging with a tree next morning in Ushait area in Badaun district.
The postmortem report confirmed that the two girls were raped and later hanged. The state government has recommended a CBI probe into the incident.
Giving a fresh twist to the case Director General of Police A L Banerjee had on Saturday said that property could be a motive behind the murder.
Agitated with Banerjee`s statement the family members of the two victim started a dharna yesterday, which ended late night after the officers showed them the letter relating to recommendation of CBI inquiry by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers