UP murder suspect dies due to acid injection, 3 suspended
Lucknow: A murder suspect was given injections of acid and kerosene during police questioning in Uttar Pradesh, following which he fell sick and died in a hospital here. Three errant policemen were suspended, an official said on Saturday.
Accused Balveer was brought to Avagarh police station in Etah district Thursday and allegedly made to sit on a hot plate and given injections of acid and kerosene.
He died of infection and lacerations at a hospital in Lucknow Friday evening, police said.
Family members of Balbir alleged that police tortured him to force him to confess to the crime.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Aligarh, Prakash D. told IANS that Etah`s Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma suspended sub-inspector Shailendra Singh and two others.
A case has been registered against the errant policemen and a magisterial probe ordered into the incident, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step