UP murder suspect dies due to acid injection, 3 suspended
Lucknow: A murder suspect was given injections of acid and kerosene during police questioning in Uttar Pradesh, following which he fell sick and died in a hospital here. Three errant policemen were suspended, an official said on Saturday.
Accused Balveer was brought to Avagarh police station in Etah district Thursday and allegedly made to sit on a hot plate and given injections of acid and kerosene.
He died of infection and lacerations at a hospital in Lucknow Friday evening, police said.
Family members of Balbir alleged that police tortured him to force him to confess to the crime.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Aligarh, Prakash D. told IANS that Etah`s Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma suspended sub-inspector Shailendra Singh and two others.
A case has been registered against the errant policemen and a magisterial probe ordered into the incident, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test