UP murder suspect dies due to acid injection, 3 suspended
Lucknow: A murder suspect was given injections of acid and kerosene during police questioning in Uttar Pradesh, following which he fell sick and died in a hospital here. Three errant policemen were suspended, an official said on Saturday.
Accused Balveer was brought to Avagarh police station in Etah district Thursday and allegedly made to sit on a hot plate and given injections of acid and kerosene.
He died of infection and lacerations at a hospital in Lucknow Friday evening, police said.
Family members of Balbir alleged that police tortured him to force him to confess to the crime.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Aligarh, Prakash D. told IANS that Etah`s Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma suspended sub-inspector Shailendra Singh and two others.
A case has been registered against the errant policemen and a magisterial probe ordered into the incident, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’