US varsity delegation to visit AMU
Aligarh: A group of academicians from the Ohio State University in the US will visit the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in Uttar Pradesh to help set up a science, technology, engineering and mathematics faculty.
The team from Ohio and the AMU, after its arrival Friday, would be here till Sep 18, said an AMU statement issued here.
The American team would be working in close collaboration on a pilot project as part of memoranda of understanding signed between the US and the Indian government in June last year, it said.
The visiting team would comprise Anil Pradhan, Sultana N. Nahar, Nick Booker and Ratnesh Bhattacharya.
The project on the faculty plans to begin interdisciplinary research of mutual benefit in advanced research and innovation in areas of spectroscopy, nanotechnology, renewable energy, information technology, environmental sciences, cancer research and mathematical research.
A total of eight MoUs were signed in June last year and the beneficiaries will receive an award of approximately $250,000 for all projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'