US varsity delegation to visit AMU
Aligarh: A group of academicians from the Ohio State University in the US will visit the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in Uttar Pradesh to help set up a science, technology, engineering and mathematics faculty.
The team from Ohio and the AMU, after its arrival Friday, would be here till Sep 18, said an AMU statement issued here.
The American team would be working in close collaboration on a pilot project as part of memoranda of understanding signed between the US and the Indian government in June last year, it said.
The visiting team would comprise Anil Pradhan, Sultana N. Nahar, Nick Booker and Ratnesh Bhattacharya.
The project on the faculty plans to begin interdisciplinary research of mutual benefit in advanced research and innovation in areas of spectroscopy, nanotechnology, renewable energy, information technology, environmental sciences, cancer research and mathematical research.
A total of eight MoUs were signed in June last year and the beneficiaries will receive an award of approximately $250,000 for all projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation